The earliest records of this congregation have been lost, but the foundation of the Church has traditionally been associated with the year 1641. It's first minister was the Rev John Law (1658-73). The Rev. James Brown (1795-1839), the tenth minister, baptised the famous Rev. Henry Cooke.
A Stone Tablet in the old cemetery marks the site of the original church which was located at Bridge Street, a few hundred yards towards the town from the new church complex.
The current church building at Kilrea Road was opened and dedicated on 17 November 1971 by Rev. Dr. Rupert Gibson BA DD, who was Moderator of the General Assembly that year.
Today the congregation has around 190 families in membership.